Basic Safety Tips for Kayaking
Kayaking is a popular recreational activity all over the world. But there are always some risk factors in this game that can make you seriously injured. You can make the adventure risk free following the tips below:
- You should always prepare for weather changes. If you are riding a boat in cold water, you should wear a dry suit. If you are in warm water, use sunscreen to protect your face and hands from burning.
- You should be careful about your clothing. If you are in a sit-in kayak, you may not need a complete outfit as your lower body parts remain inside the kayak. But if you are in a sit-on kayak, you should wear clothing properly.
- You should follow the kayaking sitting rules. It varies the place you are sitting right now. So, try to follow those rules of that area where you are sitting.
- Your boat has a certain weight capacity. You should not cross the limit. When you are going for a boat ride for the whole day, you may need to bring lots of stuff. But don’t make your boat extremely heavy. It will ruin the kayak’s stability.
- Before getting into the water, you should have clear knowledge about paddling. You should learn paddling techniques, first aid techniques, water safety, etc.
- Before starting your journey, share your plan with someone. You should tell someone where you are going, what you are going today, why you will go there and how many people you have in your group. All this information helps your family to find you if any accidents happen.
- You have to be hydrated all the time. Don’t forget to take enough drinking water and some snacks. But avoid any kind of alcohol and drugs in the boat. This is completely restricted.
This is very crucial to know the above tips. You are spending huge time and money on enjoying a day and without following these tips, it is impossible to enjoy your day. So, follow all the tips above.