How to paddle a kayak？
Riding a kayak is entertaining but not easy like normal boats. It requires proper paddling. You won’t be able to control the kayak for a long time unless you know how to do it. Let’s see how to paddle a kayak in the right way.
- How To Hold A Kayak Paddle: You have to help the paddle slight tightly. You have to hold it like the handlebar of a bicycle. Keep the scooped sides of the paddle blade facing you. Sometimes, the paddle gets dropped and floats away. You should always hold the paddle-like “O” with your grip. This position will make your grip strong and safe.
- How To Paddle Forward: You have to engage your core and then twist your torso to lean. You have to put the paddle blade side near your feet. Then push on the blade as you are pulling yourself forward and remove the blade from the water. Do the same thing with the other blade. This is what you have to do repeatedly.
- How To Paddle Backwards: This is super-easy. You have to do the same thing like forward moving. The only difference is that you will rule the paddle blade in the reverse direction. In this time, keep your back resting on the behind. It will allow you to maintain the motion in the reverse direction.
- How To Stop A Kayak: If you want to stop the kayak, just put your paddle in the water just like you do the backstroke. You have to hold the paddle and drag it in the opposite direction of the water flow. This will make the kayak slow and stop at a time.
- How To Turn A Kayak: This is easier than you think. If you want to turn left, you just have to paddle on the right side. In the same way, if you want to turn right, you should paddle only on the left side.
Paddling is the key task that you have to do to control the kayak. So, you have no other options except to follow the paddling rules. You can get the best result following the above tips.